Pivovar Sundays of Advent 4/4 - Fried carp with potato salad
1 ½ LBS Potatoes
1 Parsley root
¾ Cup Frozen peas (You can also use frozen cubed carrots, peas and parsley to save time.)
3 Big pickles
1 Big shallot
¾ Cup Mayonnaise
¼ Cup Sour cream
1 TBSP Dijon mustard
Pickle juice to taste and loosen the salad
4 Carp fillets
Plain flour (enough to coat)
Breadcrumbs (enough to coat)
1) Boil the potatoes with the other vegetables in the same pot - carrots and parsley (or boil the frozen vegetables briefly to loosen them up). Cook the eggs hard - around 12 minutes. Peel the boiled potatoes and cut them into cubes.
2) Cut the cooked vegetables into smaller cubes than potatoes. Put everything in a bowl, add diced pickles, which is an absolute necessity in this potato salad. Sprinkle the peas (frozen has a better taste than canned), finely chop the shallots and mix carefully so as not to mash the cooked vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Add Dijon mustard and mayonnaise with sour cream to taste.
3) It is important not to "break" the individual ingredients, we still want to see what the salad is made of. If the salad is too thick, add the pickle juice to loosen it a little.
4) At the very end, mix in the diced boiled eggs.
5) Cover the bowl with foil and let it rest overnight in the fridge.
6) Cut the carp fillets into individual portions, season with salt and pepper on both sides. Drizzle the fillets with lemon juice, cover with foil and let it rest in the fridge.
7) Bread the fillets in a classic three-pack - in seasoned plain flour, beaten eggs and breadcrumbs. Never put the coated meat or fish back in the fridge - the breadcrumbs will get wet and fry poorly. Fry immediately after breading.
Share your results and tag us @pivovarwaco ~ Dobrou chuť!